There are 2 submittal dates for Photographic Society of America (PSA) where TMCC competes as a club in the “Projected Image Division Group C. check out their website psa-photo.org. 3 judges will review the entries and the top 6 point scores become the TMCC entries to the national competition. This happens twice in the next couple of months. No theme… These should be your best photos of the year !!
By Sept 15, 2018 – submit 1 properly sized photo via email to
By Nov 1, 2018 – submit 1 properly sized photo via email. same email
August 21 midnight – club competition – Theme: people or animal….. Leader is Renee…. submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
August 28 – Scavenger Hunt – Bring your scavenger hunt photo small PRINTS to the TMCC club meeting. See website Scavenger Hunt tab for details.
September 15 – entries due for Photographic Society of America (PSA). See website competition tab for details on how to enter your excellent photograph
ALSO, don’t forget to think about: what you can do for the club and what you want out of the club
we will discuss these at the club meeting.
have a great weekend !!
potluck starting around 4pm at Marina’s house
see website-Events for details.
TMCC Meeting July 24, 2018 – Minutes
Renee opened the meeting at 7 pm as the single board member present.
- Terry Hancock, Director of the Grand Mesa Observatory in Whitewater, Colorado. He discussed the new facility, non-profit status, goals, staff, equipment. It is available to the public including public viewing nights and will do tours. Community outreach and educational partnerships. The next public viewing night is August 10.
Business meeting –
- One member volunteered to complete the year as Vice President – Vera Mulder. The club members voted unanimously yes.
- Homework assignment: Ask yourself what the club can do for you and what you can do for the club. To be discussed next meeting.
- See Renee to sign up for drinks and snacks to bring to the meetings.
- The August competition theme will be “Human / Animal” due date August 21.
- Scavenger Hunt competition – 15 topics to photograph, bring 4×6 photos to the August meeting. These will be observed, discussed, voted at the September meeting.
- Outing:Friday July 27, meet Dawn at 7 pm at the Mesa County Fair. It is FREE. Bring tripod for time lapse of carnival
- TMCC picnic potluck – Sunday August 5 @ 4pm at Marina Schultz’s place. Check the website for directions. Bring your dish to share and BYOB. BBQ will be available for $5.
Photo discussion lead by Ed K. –
- Members submitted 45 photos for discussion and questions, help.
- Many folks submitted as well as participated in the discussions.
- THANK YOU ED !!
Meeting over at 9 pm
Please review the pdf document which provides redline proposed revisions to the TMCC descriptions of the Board and committee chair and other volunteer positions.
redline for jobs at the link below.
email Dawn with comments or post them on this announcement.
Please take a moment to look over the redline revisions of the club Bylaws. Key revisions include:
1. increase annual dues 2. add committees 3. formalize affiliations with PSA and non-profit status
click on these links :
email Dawn with your thoughts
OR just comment on this Post
wait…. what ?? this is one of the categories for the Scavenger Hunt competition coming up in August.
check out the TMCC website (Scavenger Hunt tab) for more categories and information on entering this unique competition. The literal definition of Atavistic is provided on the website.
Board meeting at the Kiln, downtown on main st., June 5 from 6 – 8 pm. Come and talk about how the club is working, what changes might be made and then help out.
Deadline: June 1 (midnight)
See http://thundermountaincameraclub.org/competitions-and-guidelines/ for more information