For anyone who’s interested in macro photography, Mike Moats is coming to Loveland, CO on May 12th and 13th, 2018. He is an award winning macro photographer based in Sterling, MI. Check out his website – tinylandscapes.com – for further information.
July 25, 2017 meeting minutes
- Dawn opened the meeting – Very little change in the bank balance.
- Lake Erwin outing – 8:00 am – Thursday, 7/27/17 – Map will be posted on TMCC’s facebook page.
- The website will be worked on starting Wednesday, 7/28/17. Once all the bugs are worked out, instructions will be given to members.
- August outing will be a night photography outing around the time of the new moon – Definite details will be announced.
- A poll was taken for the interest in a weather spotter class. We need at least 10 people interested to get the National Weather Service to do a class for us. It’s a two hour presentation, which will be held at WCCC. Details to be determined and announced.
- Scavenger Hunt pictures are due in August and the contest will be held in September. The scavenger hunt counts toward the points accumulated for a member’s annual score. The topics and further details are on TMCC’s website.
- Discussed the possibility of doing a new member mentorship program, which was met with enthusiasm. A program will be worked on.
- The August competition is a print competition. Entries are due to Ed Kunzelman by July 31st.
- Jeff will be doing a class on resizing a photograph in August.
- NASA website shows time when space station can be seen from any location
- Members will submit pictures for the PSA competition in September, to be judged by PSA in November
- If any member is looking for gear, send Dawn an email indicating what you’re looking for. She has information on members who are looking to sell some gear.
- Paul Gana gave us a very information class on shooting the Milky Way and night sky. He covered what type of equipment to use, camera settings and several websites that are useful when planning a night photography outing. Paul’s website is paulscoloradophotography.com. The tutorials that he covered at the TMCC meeting can be found under “About Me” and then “Learn from Me”.