It’s that time again! The Aspen tree’s have started to turn. As you travel around keep the club up to date on locations as they start to change color.
Coming back through Red Mountain Pass this weekend the changes are taking place. Also saw change starting in Molas Lake. So update here, or update in facebook and get out there!
We’ve added an eclipse party and a night sky workshop for Monday, please take a look at the calendar of events for more info.
I am testing the posting ability on the website. If you receive this test, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know!
Meeting Minutes July 25, 2017
Dawn Morrow, President, called the meeting to order. All other board members were absent.
- Wildflowers are blooming in the mountains !! Next outing led by Renee is July 27 meeting at Lake Irwin, near Crested Butte, at 8 am. Some folks may camp and do night photography as well.
- Website is being looked at by the Board and a consultant to improve functionality.
- August outing, TBA, for night sky photography lead by Paul Gana
- National weather service can provide a class on spotting severe weather, if we have 10 attendees. A show of hands indicated at least 10 interested members.
- Scavenger hunt photos should be brought to the August meeting. details are on the website.
- Dawn discussed mentorships teaming experienced members with newer members.
- Print competition will be discussed at the August meeting. July 31 is the deadline to give your print to Ed Kunzelman.
- Space station visibilty was discussed, check the Nasa web site for details of locations and times
- Sharon Bradshaw provided summary of Photographic Society of America results/scores. Lupe was an Honorable Mention !! scores were generally good for the club.
- the next PSA submittal is due in September for the November competition.
- Paul Gana did a presentation on night sky photography utilizing you-tube videos he had created. Good information was provided.
Thursday July 27, 8 am to photograph wildflowers at Lake Irwin. This is a good 2/12 hour drive from GJ. Off Kebler pass before you get to Crested Butte. Meet in parking lot at picnic area. Bring camera, tripod, water, lunch etc, hat. There is nice shooting right around this lake and also trails there if you want to hike.
June 27 meeting minutes
Dawn Morrow opened meeting. Treasurer report: Ona said 789.23 to begin. Expenses were 48.82, Deposits were 65. Balance of 805.41
We have more calendars to sell. The first 2 are at 5.00, then after they are 8.95.
New business: Dale has old cannon Rebel with a lens/bag. Dio took offer.
Ed: Print competition: prints are due 7/31, see the guidelines.
Jeff Morse gave a quick lesson on making sure your camera is fully focused where you want it.
Renee Walendowski presented High mountain wildflower photography locations and gave handout of locations.
Dawn gave results of the portrait competition. Results were:
First place Dawn Morrow, Second place Debbie Rudd, Jamie Hartman took third.
Calendars will be available for purchase at the May 23 Club meeting. Members can buy up to 2 for $5 each and then each calendar is $8.95. Make checks out to “Thunder Mountain Camera Club”.
I’ve officially added all users, and have updated the preferences, I’m hoping everyone is back on the list to receive emails. Please let me know if you’ve previously not received emails, and are now receiving them. I apologize for the delay on this, I hope to see you all in the morning to head up to see the horses.
Category: Portrait (People)
Due Date: May 8, 2017
See competition link for rule.
what a great opportunity to challenge yourself and learn from critique !!