Dawn will put together a slide show of favorite fall photographs to be shown and discussed at the October club meeting. If you want to participate send her 3 of your fall favorites or some you want to discuss. size them like a contest entry. email them to Dawn by Oct 15.
There are 2 submittal dates for Photographic Society of America (PSA) where TMCC competes as a club in the “Projected Image Division Group C. check out their website psa-photo.org. 3 judges will review the entries and the top 6 point scores become the TMCC entries to the national competition. This happens twice in the next couple of months. No theme… These should be your best photos of the year !!
By Sept 15, 2018 – submit 1 properly sized photo via email to
By Nov 1, 2018 – submit 1 properly sized photo via email. same email
The Downtown Art Festival is looking for artists, photographers, preformers, musicians and more! Deadline September 17 -Juried
Click for more info: https://downtowngj.org/signature-events
Downtown Art Festival brought to you by Alpine Bank
The 3rd Annual Downtown Art Festival brought to you by Alpine Bank with support from Rocky Mountain Health Plans kicks off on October 5th during First Friday. Visit Downtown galleries and local businesses to see local talent displayed in various forms of artwork. The Festival continues on October 6th with the installation of the 2018 Art on the Corner temporary exhibit. Wander through Downtown galleries and businesses that are hosting artists and performances of all kinds throughout the day on Saturday as well.
The 2018 Call for Artists is now OPEN! Click here to register.
*Booths for artists are $30 per 10’x10? space, and $15 for each additional 10’x10? space needed*
August 21 midnight – club competition – Theme: people or animal….. Leader is Renee…. submit via email to email@example.com
August 28 – Scavenger Hunt – Bring your scavenger hunt photo small PRINTS to the TMCC club meeting. See website Scavenger Hunt tab for details.
September 15 – entries due for Photographic Society of America (PSA). See website competition tab for details on how to enter your excellent photograph
ALSO, don’t forget to think about: what you can do for the club and what you want out of the club
we will discuss these at the club meeting.
have a great weekend !!
potluck starting around 4pm at Marina’s house
see website-Events for details.
This is an excellent book for photographers of all skill levels. It’s a short book with simple, easy to follow suggestions for making stronger photographs. The author, Roxanne Overton, was one of our competition judges a couple years back, and I’ve always admired not just her images, but her thoughts about photography. It’s available for $6.99 as a Kindle book through Amazon, or as an iBook at Apple iTunes.
TMCC Meeting July 24, 2018 – Minutes
Renee opened the meeting at 7 pm as the single board member present.
- Terry Hancock, Director of the Grand Mesa Observatory in Whitewater, Colorado. He discussed the new facility, non-profit status, goals, staff, equipment. It is available to the public including public viewing nights and will do tours. Community outreach and educational partnerships. The next public viewing night is August 10.
Business meeting –
- One member volunteered to complete the year as Vice President – Vera Mulder. The club members voted unanimously yes.
- Homework assignment: Ask yourself what the club can do for you and what you can do for the club. To be discussed next meeting.
- See Renee to sign up for drinks and snacks to bring to the meetings.
- The August competition theme will be “Human / Animal” due date August 21.
- Scavenger Hunt competition – 15 topics to photograph, bring 4×6 photos to the August meeting. These will be observed, discussed, voted at the September meeting.
- Outing:Friday July 27, meet Dawn at 7 pm at the Mesa County Fair. It is FREE. Bring tripod for time lapse of carnival
- TMCC picnic potluck – Sunday August 5 @ 4pm at Marina Schultz’s place. Check the website for directions. Bring your dish to share and BYOB. BBQ will be available for $5.
Photo discussion lead by Ed K. –
- Members submitted 45 photos for discussion and questions, help.
- Many folks submitted as well as participated in the discussions.
- THANK YOU ED !!
Meeting over at 9 pm