TMCC Meeting July 24, 2018 – Minutes
Renee opened the meeting at 7 pm as the single board member present.
- Terry Hancock, Director of the Grand Mesa Observatory in Whitewater, Colorado. He discussed the new facility, non-profit status, goals, staff, equipment. It is available to the public including public viewing nights and will do tours. Community outreach and educational partnerships. The next public viewing night is August 10.
Business meeting –
- One member volunteered to complete the year as Vice President – Vera Mulder. The club members voted unanimously yes.
- Homework assignment: Ask yourself what the club can do for you and what you can do for the club. To be discussed next meeting.
- See Renee to sign up for drinks and snacks to bring to the meetings.
- The August competition theme will be “Human / Animal” due date August 21.
- Scavenger Hunt competition – 15 topics to photograph, bring 4×6 photos to the August meeting. These will be observed, discussed, voted at the September meeting.
- Outing:Friday July 27, meet Dawn at 7 pm at the Mesa County Fair. It is FREE. Bring tripod for time lapse of carnival
- TMCC picnic potluck – Sunday August 5 @ 4pm at Marina Schultz’s place. Check the website for directions. Bring your dish to share and BYOB. BBQ will be available for $5.
Photo discussion lead by Ed K. –
- Members submitted 45 photos for discussion and questions, help.
- Many folks submitted as well as participated in the discussions.
- THANK YOU ED !!
Meeting over at 9 pm
June 26, 2018
Dawn opened meeting.
Sharon presented photos chosen for PSA round 4: selected were:
Great Blue heron – Dio Musquiz
Here fishy fishy – Scott Hudechek
Painted Lady on daisy – Sharon Bradshaw
Pretty prarie falcon flying – Robert Pratt
Summer in Colorado – Amy Hudechek
When I grow up – Debbie Tubridy
That’s the last PSA competition for this year.
The picnic will be at Marina Shultz house. August 5, at 4 pm.
941 19 1/2 Road
970-773-1186 text only please
Bring lawn chairs. We will have brisket, bring 5 dollars for the meat.
Lori presented her competition results: The theme was bicycle, she had 5 judges.
1st place – Annette Collier
2nd place – Sharon Bradshaw
3rd place – Jamie Zartman
4th place – Bob Peterson
Dawn presented. The bylaw changes were handed out, and Dawn made the suggested changes after Board meeting/interested parties who attended. One of the changes is increased fees. Job descriptions have been revised. Dawn asked members to read over the changes and please email her before the next meeting. We will discuss the proposed changes and vote. We do not have money for scavenger hunt prizes. Dio suggested that we have a white elephant exchange instead. Please send your input to email@example.com.
Vera wants to invite all of the camera club to this event, let’s make it a social:
Saturday, July 21 at 6:30 pm till 9, please come to a showing of new works, by me, at Fruita Pablo’s Pizza.
I hope I have friends, at least some, and they will make this event.
Please review the pdf document which provides redline proposed revisions to the TMCC descriptions of the Board and committee chair and other volunteer positions.
redline for jobs at the link below.
email Dawn with comments or post them on this announcement.
Please take a moment to look over the redline revisions of the club Bylaws. Key revisions include:
1. increase annual dues 2. add committees 3. formalize affiliations with PSA and non-profit status
click on these links :
email Dawn with your thoughts
OR just comment on this Post
wait…. what ?? this is one of the categories for the Scavenger Hunt competition coming up in August.
check out the TMCC website (Scavenger Hunt tab) for more categories and information on entering this unique competition. The literal definition of Atavistic is provided on the website.
Board meeting at the Kiln, downtown on main st., June 5 from 6 – 8 pm. Come and talk about how the club is working, what changes might be made and then help out.
As most of you know, we are looking for a Vice President to take over the responsibility from Lupe for the rest of the year. We’ve heard loud and clear that this position is a bit cumbersome, so we’d like to come up with a plan for splitting up tasks into doable positions that anyone can do. We will be discussing it at an open board meeting (see below).
1.We are having a social, You’ve asked for shorter events, closer to home, and we’d love to have our social club to be a bit more social. We’ve had several new faces and would love to get to know one another. So on June 1st at 6pm at Tiara Rado Golf Course Patio area, we are having a Sunset Social Hour. We are doing an event close to home that is short & sweet so we can all get to know one another a bit better. We’ll have beverages on the patio, and then photograph sunset over the golf course. I hope everyone can attend. Bring your camera, because the sunsets from the overlook are breathtaking. Hope to see you there
2. Our board meeting will be held at Kiln Coffee on June 5th at 6pm. We are planning to meet in the back meeting room, but if more would like to attend we can move out into the dining area. If you would like to contribute but can’t commit to doing an entire board member roll, please attend so we can give out parts of the job so we will have enough folks to help out with all the tasks. Here’s a list of what we plan on working on at the meeting.
- Planning Events, Competitions, Classes and speakers for the next 3 months.
- Filling the position of Vice President
- Filling the position of Competition Chair, Banquet Organizers
- Discuss non-profit status and rent costs with the remaining budget.
- Proceeding with the calendar and other fundraising ideas.
- Review job descriptions and bylaws and make proposal for any changes necessary
- Discussion of raising dues in 2019.
- Other topics as discussed
May 22, 2018 minutes
Renee Walendowski (Secretary) called the meeting to order at 7 pm. Dawn is absent due to oral surgery. Renee is the lone Board member in attendance. Lupe is stepping down as vice president. John Barbier (Treasurer) is out of the country.
Old business –
- Treasurer report – none
- Outing to Rifle Gap falls was cancelled due to lack of interest. None are scheduled
- Next competition theme is “Bicycles”. Leader is Lori Curtis. Entries are due June 1.
New business –
- TMCC has lost its non-profit status. It will cost $600 and some paper work to regain. Renee asked how many folks would be members next year to gauge the level of interest. Cheryl Sweers has worked on the issue and has filed back paperwork for 2013-2017. Club may not have enough money to fund non- profit , room rental and the same awards and food provided in the past, etc. without assistance. Discussion ensued about the value of non-profit status, what do other similar clubs do, is it simpler to file annual tax return and pay taxes ? Jeff Morse will research the options.
- With budget restrictions there is not adequate funds to make the initial payment for the Club calendar fund raiser, which made about $80 last year. Club seems to support no calendar this year. Board will decide if calendar fundraiser will move forward or not.
- Lupe has moved out of town so the club needs a new VP, which comes with a lot of things to do including outings and helping the President plan for meetings. Discussion included the need for more involvement from club members to plan/oversee Club meeting speakers, classes and outings. Dawn cannot do it alone. Discussion included how to communicate events. Not every member is on Facebook. The website is not consistent about emailing notices. Emails may be the way to move forward. Outings need to be somewhat flexible as plans change due to weather, car issues, etc. Website updates may not be good to announce outing changes. Discussion about the outings being both spur of the moment, just a few hours and local in addition to all day, more distant outings, which could be less frequent. Lori Curtis volunteered to oversee emailing events to members. Rifle Gap Falls planned outing had too little warning and was during the week, which limits participants. No-one RSVP’d so it was cancelled. Having 2 Facebook pages is confusing to some and discussion ensued about why we need 2 pages. Safety in privacy for outings is one reason. Members indicated this is a social club. The restrictions of the bylaws may be problematic.
- Possibly the board will have a meeting soon and people interested in helping could attend or let board members know they are interested in helping. The Board could assign interim chair persons or multiple VPs to get through this year. Lori could oversee emails
- Jeff Morse discussed photo stacking
- Jamie Zartman discussed i phone use and processing which made photos look like art
- I phone competition photos were presented very quickly with no discussion as the meeting ran out of time. The results of the I phone competition: John Barbier and Cheryl Sweers tie for 2nd place, 1st place to Sharon Bradshaw with 24 pts. We will go over these next meeting for discussion.