It’s that time again! The Aspen tree’s have started to turn. As you travel around keep the club up to date on locations as they start to change color.
Coming back through Red Mountain Pass this weekend the changes are taking place. Also saw change starting in Molas Lake. So update here, or update in facebook and get out there!
We’ve added an eclipse party and a night sky workshop for Monday, please take a look at the calendar of events for more info.
July 25, 2017 meeting minutes
- Dawn opened the meeting – Very little change in the bank balance.
- Lake Erwin outing – 8:00 am – Thursday, 7/27/17 – Map will be posted on TMCC’s facebook page.
- The website will be worked on starting Wednesday, 7/28/17. Once all the bugs are worked out, instructions will be given to members.
- August outing will be a night photography outing around the time of the new moon – Definite details will be announced.
- A poll was taken for the interest in a weather spotter class. We need at least 10 people interested to get the National Weather Service to do a class for us. It’s a two hour presentation, which will be held at WCCC. Details to be determined and announced.
- Scavenger Hunt pictures are due in August and the contest will be held in September. The scavenger hunt counts toward the points accumulated for a member’s annual score. The topics and further details are on TMCC’s website.
- Discussed the possibility of doing a new member mentorship program, which was met with enthusiasm. A program will be worked on.
- The August competition is a print competition. Entries are due to Ed Kunzelman by July 31st.
- Jeff will be doing a class on resizing a photograph in August.
- NASA website shows time when space station can be seen from any location
- Members will submit pictures for the PSA competition in September, to be judged by PSA in November
- If any member is looking for gear, send Dawn an email indicating what you’re looking for. She has information on members who are looking to sell some gear.
- Paul Gana gave us a very information class on shooting the Milky Way and night sky. He covered what type of equipment to use, camera settings and several websites that are useful when planning a night photography outing. Paul’s website is paulscoloradophotography.com. The tutorials that he covered at the TMCC meeting can be found under “About Me” and then “Learn from Me”.
I am testing the posting ability on the website. If you receive this test, please email email@example.com and let her know!
Meeting Minutes July 25, 2017
Dawn Morrow, President, called the meeting to order. All other board members were absent.
- Wildflowers are blooming in the mountains !! Next outing led by Renee is July 27 meeting at Lake Irwin, near Crested Butte, at 8 am. Some folks may camp and do night photography as well.
- Website is being looked at by the Board and a consultant to improve functionality.
- August outing, TBA, for night sky photography lead by Paul Gana
- National weather service can provide a class on spotting severe weather, if we have 10 attendees. A show of hands indicated at least 10 interested members.
- Scavenger hunt photos should be brought to the August meeting. details are on the website.
- Dawn discussed mentorships teaming experienced members with newer members.
- Print competition will be discussed at the August meeting. July 31 is the deadline to give your print to Ed Kunzelman.
- Space station visibilty was discussed, check the Nasa web site for details of locations and times
- Sharon Bradshaw provided summary of Photographic Society of America results/scores. Lupe was an Honorable Mention !! scores were generally good for the club.
- the next PSA submittal is due in September for the November competition.
- Paul Gana did a presentation on night sky photography utilizing you-tube videos he had created. Good information was provided.
Thursday July 27, 8 am to photograph wildflowers at Lake Irwin. This is a good 2/12 hour drive from GJ. Off Kebler pass before you get to Crested Butte. Meet in parking lot at picnic area. Bring camera, tripod, water, lunch etc, hat. There is nice shooting right around this lake and also trails there if you want to hike.
June 27 meeting minutes
Dawn Morrow opened meeting. Treasurer report: Ona said 789.23 to begin. Expenses were 48.82, Deposits were 65. Balance of 805.41
We have more calendars to sell. The first 2 are at 5.00, then after they are 8.95.
New business: Dale has old cannon Rebel with a lens/bag. Dio took offer.
Ed: Print competition: prints are due 7/31, see the guidelines.
Jeff Morse gave a quick lesson on making sure your camera is fully focused where you want it.
Renee Walendowski presented High mountain wildflower photography locations and gave handout of locations.
Dawn gave results of the portrait competition. Results were:
First place Dawn Morrow, Second place Debbie Rudd, Jamie Hartman took third.
Just a quick note to let you know that I will be presenting at the CNM on Wednesday 24th from 2-3pm. The presentation highlights some of the many stops along our many travels and trails in the Western US.
Steve and I have had a lot of fun traveling over the years and like to share our experiences with folks.
Wednesday, May 24, is the 106 year anniversary of the CNM, signed by President Taft in 1911.
Hope you can make it.
Calendars will be available for purchase at the May 23 Club meeting. Members can buy up to 2 for $5 each and then each calendar is $8.95. Make checks out to “Thunder Mountain Camera Club”.