TMCC Meeting April 26, 2022 – Minutes
Ona (new Club President Protem) opened the meeting at 7 pm. Dawn (President) and Bob P. (new Secretary) were the board members present. 10 folks were present at the meeting.
- Possible outings were discussed. Consensus was for an outing May 4. Ona suggested Mack Mesa, where she had recently seen good flowers and butterflies. Meet at the Loma post office at 4 pm.
- The city is having “Take Part in Art” at Lincoln park on June 18. John Barbier will provide a 3 sided shade cloth for the club booth. Members can bring examples of our work and products.
- Competitions were discussed. It was decided not to have club competitions and to add a second category to the PSA competitions (wildlife). Critique / judges sheets were discussed. Folks generally want to get feedback on their photos and others for personal learning. In the future, the forms will be posted on the website. A couple of edits are needed on the Dieter form.
- Bob Clarke and others discussed learning work flows for editing particularly for different software. Considering having 3 members that use different software to walk through their work flows. Bob C. is looking for 2 volunteers. Please email him.
- Hank discussed photo stacking as an editing process. Possibly this could be a topic of discussion for an entire meeting.
- Sharon shared another video from National Geographic, Masters of Photography. Cory Richardson from Adventure Photography discussed his work and affects of light on his projects.
- Sharon presented the submittals for PSA #3 and the judges results. She mentioned that Debbie’s photo “The Bear Stare” won honorable mention and Ona’s photo “Coming Through” won award of merit.
- Members Ona, Sharon and Dawn shared some of their recent photos and discussions followed.
Meeting was over at 9:15 pm. The next meeting is May 24, 2022 at 7:00 pm.