TMCC Meeting July 27, 2021 – Minutes
Dawn opened the meeting at 7 pm. This is the first club meeting since COVID-19 outbreak in March 2020. She was the only board member present.
Business meeting –
- Three of the four Board members (elected for 2020) have agreed to finish out 2021. A Vice President is needed. Contact Dawn if interested in planning photo outings.
- Memberships have been prorated to finish out 2021 and should cover room rental and internet website fees. $17.50 single membership; $25.00 family membership. Forms were provided including liability waiver.
- The current balance on the Treasury is $716, which should cover the bills until March 2022.
- There were 11 attendees including 4 visitors, 2 were former members. Several attendees paid membership and joined/re-joined TMCC. Every attendee introduced themselves and identified their photography interest(s) and equipment.
- Dawn asked for ideas for outings: star photos, night sky, unknown places, less photographed, wild horses, Crystal Mill Red Mountain Pass, Pictographs west of Montrose on reservations, street photos.
- Dawn will be in the Sand Wash Basin Aug 19-22 and please contact her (email@example.com) if you are interested in meeting up with her near Maybell.
- A sign up sheet was circulated to provide drinks and snacks to the meetings.
- Scavenger Hunt –
- John T. brought the submittals and mounted them on individual boards for viewing. 15 topics/words were provided in early 2020 to photograph. Four members participated. Thank you John for overseeing this activity, which was greatly affected by COVID-19 outbreak. Future scavenger hunts will be discussed at a club meeting to gauge interest.
Photographic Society of America (PSA) competitions –
- Sharon B. presented the photographs that had been selected for entry into the PSA club competition for 2019-20 and 2020-21 PSA years. Thank you Sharon.
- She discussed the low number of entries in recent competitions and the difficulty of getting judging. She would like to utilize 3 club members as judges in the future.
- She also recommended TMCC participate in a second division, the Nature Division, in addition to the current Projected Image Division which has only a few rules about post processing. The Nature Division will cost no extra and is more consistent with the types of photographs our members typically create.
- Sharon also stated that members should sign a release to allow PSA to be able to post their photograph on their website.
- Deadlines for the next PSA competitions are tentatively: Oct 15, Feb 1, April 1.
Bob Clarke presentation of bird photos on his recent trip to the Texas Gulf Coast including several sanctuaries and wildlife areas. Thank you Bob.
- Dawn requested members to submit 5 – 10 photographs prior to the next club meeting. The photos should present some of your efforts during COVID-19, be of small size and emailed to Dawn (email shown above). These photos will be compiled by Dawn and shown/discussed at the August meeting.
Meeting over at 9:15 pm. Next meeting is August 24, 2021 at 7:00 pm.