Author Archives: Dawn

About Dawn

Dawn is passionate about many things. Her faith in God, the love of her life Doug and she also enjoys photography. She has enjoyed traveling this beautiful country and loves photographing diverse landscapes and a variety of wildlife. She enjoys photographing High School Seniors, and doing head shots for music and theater performers. She continues to expand her portfolio in Night photography as well.

City Hall Exhibit!

Great news, We’ve been asked to display at City Hall as a club.
 
“Hello artists!
We are looking forward to your exhibit at City Hall on October 8 – January 7, 2019. On Monday, October 8th, please be at City Hall at 8:30am with your artwork. . I will make labels for your artwork. If something isn’t for sale write NFS but still put the value.”
 
The following items will need to get to Dawn by the night of the club meeting, if not sooner…
 
Title, Medium, Price or estimated value, dimensions and weight. your name, and if it is for sale or NFS (not-for-sale)
 
The above items must be to Dawn by the night of the club meeting September 25th.
 
Items must have a wire hanger to display and saw-tooth hangers will not be accepted.
 
Items must be delivered to City Hall on October 8th at 8:30, or make arrangements with Dawn Morrow in advance
 
The same items can be transferred to hang at the County building for a few months following as well. Please include if you’d be interested in displaying there as well.

Sand Wash Basin

Hello folks, as a board we plan to do fall color events for Sept.-Oct. both as colors hit the mountains and then again in town. I know several people have already explored Sand Wash Basin, some have not been able. My friend and former member of TMCC Cindy Buller and I have the next weekend planned to go from this coming Thursday through Monday. We will be staying in Craig overnight. Doug and I found and stayed at the “Elk Run Inn” in Craig for only $65.00 a night was a good place for a great deal. Anyone is welcome to join us we will be meeting up with several wild horse enthusiasts and advocates while touring around the area all of which are amazing photographers. Former member & friend Debbie Rudd will hopefully meet up with us, and we tentatively plan on seeing horses in the Piceance herd on Monday. Most of you may not want to be out of town this far, or this long, but we wanted to extend a welcome to club members who have been dying to see them, all are welcome. These horse’s terrain is much less obstructed than those on the Bookcliffs. Last year we saw well over 100 horses in a day. I can safely say you will see horses as over 900 are in the Basin. Please get in touch via cell, messenger or on this message if you are interested in joining us for all or part of our trip. We will regroup each morning in Maybell, I hope that if you’ve always wanted to do this that you will join us Sept. 6 through Sept. 10th. Here are some shots from our last trips.

June 26 Minutes

June 26, 2018

Dawn opened meeting.

Sharon presented photos chosen for PSA round 4: selected were:

Great Blue heron – Dio Musquiz

Here fishy fishy – Scott Hudechek

Painted Lady on daisy – Sharon Bradshaw

Pretty prarie falcon flying – Robert Pratt

Summer in Colorado – Amy Hudechek

When I grow up – Debbie Tubridy

That’s the last PSA competition for this year.

The picnic will be at Marina Shultz house. August 5, at 4 pm.  

Marina 

941 19 1/2 Road

970-773-1186 text only please

Bring lawn chairs.  We will have brisket, bring 5 dollars for the meat.

Lori presented her competition results: The theme was bicycle, she had 5 judges.

1st place – Annette Collier

2nd place – Sharon Bradshaw

3rd place – Jamie Zartman

4th place – Bob Peterson

Dawn presented.  The bylaw changes were handed out, and Dawn made the suggested changes after Board meeting/interested parties who attended.  One of the changes is increased fees. Job descriptions have been revised. Dawn asked members to read over the changes and please email her before the next meeting.  We will discuss the proposed changes and vote.  We do not have money for scavenger hunt prizes.  Dio suggested that we have a white elephant exchange instead.  Please send your input to dawn@2morrowsmuse.com.

Upcoming Events

As most of you know, we are looking for a Vice President to take over the responsibility from Lupe for the rest of the year. We’ve heard loud and clear that this position is a bit cumbersome, so we’d like to come up with a plan for splitting up tasks into doable positions that anyone can do. We will be discussing it at an open board meeting (see below).

1.We are having a social, You’ve asked for shorter events, closer to home, and we’d love to have our social club to be a bit more social. We’ve had several new faces and would love to get to know one another.  So on June 1st at 6pm at Tiara Rado Golf Course Patio area, we are having a Sunset Social Hour. We are doing an event close to home that is short & sweet so we can all get to know one another a bit better. We’ll have beverages on the patio, and then photograph sunset over the golf course. I hope everyone can attend. Bring your camera, because the sunsets from the overlook are breathtaking. Hope to see you there

2. Our board meeting will be held at Kiln Coffee on June 5th at 6pm. We are planning to meet in the back meeting room, but if more would like to attend we can move out into the dining area.  If you would like to contribute but can’t commit to doing an entire board member roll, please attend so we can give out parts of the job so we will have enough folks to help out with all the tasks. Here’s a list of what we plan on working on at the meeting.

  • Planning Events, Competitions, Classes and speakers for the next 3 months.
  • Filling the position of Vice President
  • Filling the position of Competition Chair, Banquet Organizers
  • Discuss non-profit status and rent costs with the remaining budget.
  • Proceeding with the calendar and other fundraising ideas.
  • Review job descriptions and bylaws and make proposal for any changes necessary
  • Discussion of raising dues in 2019.
  • Other topics as discussed

TMCC May 22 Minutes

May 22, 2018 minutes

Renee Walendowski (Secretary) called the meeting to order at 7 pm.  Dawn is absent due to oral surgery.   Renee is the lone Board member in attendance.  Lupe is stepping down as vice president.  John Barbier (Treasurer) is out of the country.

Old business – 

  • Treasurer report – none
  • Outing to Rifle Gap falls was cancelled due to lack of interest.  None are scheduled
  • Next competition theme is “Bicycles”.  Leader is Lori Curtis.  Entries are due June 1.

New business – 

  • TMCC has lost its non-profit status.  It will cost $600 and some paper work to regain.  Renee asked how many folks would be members next year to gauge the level of interest.  Cheryl Sweers has worked on the issue and has filed back paperwork for 2013-2017.  Club may not have enough money to fund non- profit , room rental and the same awards and food provided in the past, etc. without assistance.  Discussion ensued about the value of non-profit status, what do other similar clubs do, is it simpler to file annual tax return and pay taxes ?  Jeff Morse will research the options.  
  • With budget restrictions there is not adequate funds to make the initial payment for the Club calendar fund raiser, which made about $80 last year.  Club seems to support no calendar this year.  Board will decide if calendar fundraiser will move forward or not.
  • Lupe has moved out of town so the club needs a new VP, which comes with a lot of things to do including outings and helping the President plan for meetings.  Discussion included the need for more involvement from club members to plan/oversee Club meeting speakers, classes and outings.  Dawn cannot do it alone.  Discussion included how to communicate events.  Not every member is on Facebook.  The website is not consistent about emailing notices.  Emails may be the way to move forward.  Outings need to be somewhat flexible as plans change due to weather, car issues, etc.  Website updates may not be good to announce outing changes.  Discussion about the outings being both spur of the moment, just a few hours and local in addition to all day, more distant outings, which could be less frequent.  Lori Curtis volunteered to oversee emailing events to members.  Rifle Gap Falls planned outing had too little warning and was during the week, which limits participants.  No-one RSVP’d so it was cancelled.  Having 2 Facebook pages is confusing to some and discussion ensued about why we need 2 pages.  Safety in privacy for outings is one reason.  Members indicated this is a social club.  The restrictions of the bylaws may be problematic.  
  • Possibly the board will have a meeting soon and people interested in helping could attend or let board members know they are interested in helping.  The Board could assign interim chair persons or multiple VPs to get through this year.  Lori could oversee emails

Speakers

  • Jeff Morse discussed photo stacking
  • Jamie Zartman discussed i phone use and processing which made photos look like art
  • I phone competition photos were presented very quickly with no discussion as the meeting ran out of time. The results of the I phone competition: John Barbier and Cheryl Sweers tie for 2nd place, 1st place to Sharon Bradshaw with 24 pts.  We will go over these next meeting for discussion.

April minutes

Minutes from April 24th TMCC meeting

Dawn opened meeting. New business is calendar for next year. Send images to onamaedit@yahoo.com. 5.5 x 8.5 landscape format.  Photos due 5/15, submit no more than 2.  300 dpi. (now cancelled due to funds)May competition: cell phone photo.  Also edit with cell phone.  Due second week of may.June competition  Lori will be leading.  Theme is bicycles and due June 1.  May 8th camera setting class 7-9.

Lightroom class June 14th

Outing May 11th Walgreen parking lot in clifton going to Rifle falls.

June Outing: Wild horses either sand wash basin or Bookcliffs, to be determined.

June extra outing Take Part in Art June 16th at Lincoln park barn. 

Treasurer report:  Balance is 1359.28 and collected 211 last month.

Presenter: Jeff Morse 

Jeff gave demonstrations on how to resize photos properly. Do: Image and resize.  How to make in proper dimensions for our competition.

Renee gave presentation on making photo books. Other members brought in books and products created and discussed the process.   Discussion on making products.

PSA results from March:  Robert scored a 6, Marina scored 7, Amy H scored 8, John Dunn score 9, Annette score 9 and Renee 12 also honorable mention.

Tuesday April 24 meeting

I need  club members participation in the upcoming meeting on Tuesday night.  We’re having a discussion about Photolabs/Printers.  Please bring a photography product bought from a photo lab, print shop.   The point is to learn from each other where we might want to shop or not want to shop (for prints, books, products) and obstacles that we find along the way.  Its ok if we’ve already seen it before, it does not have to be new.  Please be willing to share price too.

TMCC March 2018 minutes

March27 meeting minutes:

Dawn opened meeting.  New business:  Ona volunteered to head up the Calendar again this year.  Please submit your wildlife photos to Ona -Onamaedit@yahoo.com by MAY 1st.  Dawn and Jeff talked about March outing to Cisco,  Fisher Towers.  Town of Cisco has been bought. You do need permission to photograph there,  so please see the owner if you go out there.

PSA photos are due April 1st.  Category is open. Look at the PSA on the web go down to interclub competition to view the photos for an idea of what wins.

Lupe introduced Scott Folsom from Creative Tinkering.  Scott game a presentation on his digital negative process.

For the March competition Red, (and print),Ed did the commentary and presented the judges comments.  Ed gave detailed discussion on each photo.  The winners are First place Annette Collier, 2nd Vera Mulder, 3rd Ed Kunzelman, and 4th Vickie Jones.  For peoples choice – Renee Walendowski.