Vera wants to invite all of the camera club to this event, let’s make it a social:
Saturday, July 21 at 6:30 pm till 9, please come to a showing of new works, by me, at Fruita Pablo’s Pizza.
I hope I have friends, at least some, and they will make this event.
As most of you know, we are looking for a Vice President to take over the responsibility from Lupe for the rest of the year. We’ve heard loud and clear that this position is a bit cumbersome, so we’d like to come up with a plan for splitting up tasks into doable positions that anyone can do. We will be discussing it at an open board meeting (see below).
1.We are having a social, You’ve asked for shorter events, closer to home, and we’d love to have our social club to be a bit more social. We’ve had several new faces and would love to get to know one another. So on June 1st at 6pm at Tiara Rado Golf Course Patio area, we are having a Sunset Social Hour. We are doing an event close to home that is short & sweet so we can all get to know one another a bit better. We’ll have beverages on the patio, and then photograph sunset over the golf course. I hope everyone can attend. Bring your camera, because the sunsets from the overlook are breathtaking. Hope to see you there
2. Our board meeting will be held at Kiln Coffee on June 5th at 6pm. We are planning to meet in the back meeting room, but if more would like to attend we can move out into the dining area. If you would like to contribute but can’t commit to doing an entire board member roll, please attend so we can give out parts of the job so we will have enough folks to help out with all the tasks. Here’s a list of what we plan on working on at the meeting.
- Planning Events, Competitions, Classes and speakers for the next 3 months.
- Filling the position of Vice President
- Filling the position of Competition Chair, Banquet Organizers
- Discuss non-profit status and rent costs with the remaining budget.
- Proceeding with the calendar and other fundraising ideas.
- Review job descriptions and bylaws and make proposal for any changes necessary
- Discussion of raising dues in 2019.
- Other topics as discussed
Fyi – According to the Sled dog race website, this event has been cancelled. Please spread the word.
Cool video on stack focusing by Dave Morrow (No relation). https://youtu.be/Jqyh_ijbVZc
- Looking forward to meeting Mike Davenport this week. I spoke with Bob Ingelhart, local stock/product photographer who’s spoke with the club previously. He was out of town for this class Thursday night, but referred me to Mike who will be donating his time and equipment to do hands on teaching for our requested class on product photography. Similar to Mel Morris’ image of the wine and cheese in the last competition which garnered some interest, Mike specializes in this type of work in order to sell his stock photography. John Barbier, is recovering from minor surgery but will be providing us with subject matter for our project. This is a first time class for this educator, so I hope folks will attend. Hope to see you there.
Just to let folks know that the Dog sled races have been rescheduled for February 17th.
Due to a low number of entries thusfar, We are extending the January club contest due date thru the weekend, Sunday the 7th at midnight. Send your Spirit of the season theme images to firstname.lastname@example.org . Looking forward to everyone’s interpretation of the theme. Thank you..
Reminder to bring your dues, membership application and your liability form to our January meeting in order to qualify for placement in the competition.
See you at the banquet!!
Just a reminder about tonight’s class. We will have a quick class discussion on depth of field, then do a hands on portrait class. Bring your camera. We will have studio lights and portrait photographer James Lout will be on hand for camera and lighting teaching as well. Hope to see you all there.
We’ve added an eclipse party and a night sky workshop for Monday, please take a look at the calendar of events for more info.
I’ve officially added all users, and have updated the preferences, I’m hoping everyone is back on the list to receive emails. Please let me know if you’ve previously not received emails, and are now receiving them. I apologize for the delay on this, I hope to see you all in the morning to head up to see the horses.