May 22, 2018 minutes
Renee Walendowski (Secretary) called the meeting to order at 7 pm. Dawn is absent due to oral surgery. Renee is the lone Board member in attendance. Lupe is stepping down as vice president. John Barbier (Treasurer) is out of the country.
Old business –
- Treasurer report – none
- Outing to Rifle Gap falls was cancelled due to lack of interest. None are scheduled
- Next competition theme is “Bicycles”. Leader is Lori Curtis. Entries are due June 1.
New business –
- TMCC has lost its non-profit status. It will cost $600 and some paper work to regain. Renee asked how many folks would be members next year to gauge the level of interest. Cheryl Sweers has worked on the issue and has filed back paperwork for 2013-2017. Club may not have enough money to fund non- profit , room rental and the same awards and food provided in the past, etc. without assistance. Discussion ensued about the value of non-profit status, what do other similar clubs do, is it simpler to file annual tax return and pay taxes ? Jeff Morse will research the options.
- With budget restrictions there is not adequate funds to make the initial payment for the Club calendar fund raiser, which made about $80 last year. Club seems to support no calendar this year. Board will decide if calendar fundraiser will move forward or not.
- Lupe has moved out of town so the club needs a new VP, which comes with a lot of things to do including outings and helping the President plan for meetings. Discussion included the need for more involvement from club members to plan/oversee Club meeting speakers, classes and outings. Dawn cannot do it alone. Discussion included how to communicate events. Not every member is on Facebook. The website is not consistent about emailing notices. Emails may be the way to move forward. Outings need to be somewhat flexible as plans change due to weather, car issues, etc. Website updates may not be good to announce outing changes. Discussion about the outings being both spur of the moment, just a few hours and local in addition to all day, more distant outings, which could be less frequent. Lori Curtis volunteered to oversee emailing events to members. Rifle Gap Falls planned outing had too little warning and was during the week, which limits participants. No-one RSVP’d so it was cancelled. Having 2 Facebook pages is confusing to some and discussion ensued about why we need 2 pages. Safety in privacy for outings is one reason. Members indicated this is a social club. The restrictions of the bylaws may be problematic.
- Possibly the board will have a meeting soon and people interested in helping could attend or let board members know they are interested in helping. The Board could assign interim chair persons or multiple VPs to get through this year. Lori could oversee emails
- Jeff Morse discussed photo stacking
- Jamie Zartman discussed i phone use and processing which made photos look like art
- I phone competition photos were presented very quickly with no discussion as the meeting ran out of time. The results of the I phone competition: John Barbier and Cheryl Sweers tie for 2nd place, 1st place to Sharon Bradshaw with 24 pts. We will go over these next meeting for discussion.
Minutes from April 24th TMCC meeting
Dawn opened meeting. New business is calendar for next year. Send images to firstname.lastname@example.org. 5.5 x 8.5 landscape format. Photos due 5/15, submit no more than 2. 300 dpi. (now cancelled due to funds)May competition: cell phone photo. Also edit with cell phone. Due second week of may.June competition Lori will be leading. Theme is bicycles and due June 1. May 8th camera setting class 7-9.
Lightroom class June 14th
Outing May 11th Walgreen parking lot in clifton going to Rifle falls.
June Outing: Wild horses either sand wash basin or Bookcliffs, to be determined.
June extra outing Take Part in Art June 16th at Lincoln park barn.
Treasurer report: Balance is 1359.28 and collected 211 last month.
Presenter: Jeff Morse
Jeff gave demonstrations on how to resize photos properly. Do: Image and resize. How to make in proper dimensions for our competition.
Renee gave presentation on making photo books. Other members brought in books and products created and discussed the process. Discussion on making products.
PSA results from March: Robert scored a 6, Marina scored 7, Amy H scored 8, John Dunn score 9, Annette score 9 and Renee 12 also honorable mention.
March27 meeting minutes:
Dawn opened meeting. New business: Ona volunteered to head up the Calendar again this year. Please submit your wildlife photos to Ona -Onamaedit@yahoo.com by MAY 1st. Dawn and Jeff talked about March outing to Cisco, Fisher Towers. Town of Cisco has been bought. You do need permission to photograph there, so please see the owner if you go out there.
PSA photos are due April 1st. Category is open. Look at the PSA on the web go down to interclub competition to view the photos for an idea of what wins.
Lupe introduced Scott Folsom from Creative Tinkering. Scott game a presentation on his digital negative process.
For the March competition Red, (and print),Ed did the commentary and presented the judges comments. Ed gave detailed discussion on each photo. The winners are First place Annette Collier, 2nd Vera Mulder, 3rd Ed Kunzelman, and 4th Vickie Jones. For peoples choice – Renee Walendowski.
TMCC Jan 23 meeting
Dawn opened meeting. New business: Dog sled races is next outing on Grand Mesa, Jan 27. Print meeting is Feb 28th 7pm. This is to help those for the March print competition. Ed said to bring something or idea that you want to accomplish this year (photography wise). The theme for March competition is Red.
Competitions coming up are Feb. -open which is PSA. March 1st- Club print competition is Red. April 1st-PSA -theme open. May 1st-Black and White.
Outings: In February we will have a snow outing TBA. March 24th Moab outing.
Sharon presented the PSA competition results: Jeff Stoddart got an award for 1st place PSA award. She explained how the judges score: 9 pts total, 3 pts for technical, 3 for impact, 3 for composition. The following were selected for PSA: Marina Schultz score 23.5, Sharon Bradshaw score 24, Cheryl Sweers 25.5, Joan Robinson 22.75, Lupe Herrera -her Red photo, Robert Pratt 22.5, And Ona Griffiths 24 pts.
Lupe and Sharon presented the Holiday Spirit competition results:
John Barbier -1st place, Jeff Stoddart- 2nd place, Annette Collier 3rd place, and Lupe Herrera-4th place.
Sharon gave a slide show of members best 3 photos of 2017. Jamie Hartman gave a presentation of video/slideshow he made in Valley of Gods, Utah.
Upcoming classes for February is 2/8/18 Product photography at 3575 G Road in Palisade 6 pm. Then for March on 3/9/18 Color proofing. 7 pm at 1000 N 9th St Suite 20.
Ona opened the meeting
Old business: Balance of 1116.30 has not changed since last month.
New business: Dale Rostad has a backpack for sale. Price is 35. Dawn introduced visitors. We have no meeting in December. The next meeting is our banquet which is on January 12, here at our regular meeting room. Sign up sheet went around to sign up to bring a dish.
Next we have officer elections. Dawn talked about the positions before we have volunteers.
Treasurer is John Barbier
Secretary is Renee Walendowski
Vice President is Lupe Herrera
President is Dawn Morrow
Sharon announced that Jeff Stoddart received a PSA award for his submission, I don’t have title here. Beautiful mountain and stream photo, and scored perfect. Way to go Jeff!
Sharon went over her club competition results for October open theme. 5th place is Sharon Bradshaw, 4th place Robert Pratt, 3rd place Lupe Herrera, 2nd place Renee Walendowski, 1st place Jeff Stoddart.
We viewed the PSA submissions for January. Sharon does not have the results compiled yet.
Next we talked about our next class coming up. Members would like a class on basic photography and depth of field. Dawn will help teach class which will be on Dec 14.
Renee gave results of Advertising photography competition (October). 3rd place Jeff Stoddart. tied for 2nd-Jamie Zartman, and Renee Walendowski. 1st place is Randall Smith.
Discussion about competitions and John Barbier wants to have next competition with a holiday theme. So he will lead this one and theme is holiday spirit. Photos due by Jan 5 email@example.com. See web site for info on contest rules.
Also for January meeting print out and fill out the application from our website and bring your dues for next year.
Then Dawn explained our Facebook page and the closed group. If you want to post outings, and don’t want whole web to know about it you can use the closed group to announce. Then only the club members can see.
I corrected the minutes for October. The class for November is November 9th the second Thursday in November.
Dawn Morrow opened meeting. Treasurer report: begin balance 1197.66. Deposits 83.70. Dispersments 165. Ending balance 1116.36.
Old business: Outing was cancelled due to car issues and weather.
Class for November. Will be Nov 9 second Thursday. Come with a list of what you need to learn about your camera, what you want it to do. Make list of what you need to know, the camera and manual if possible. 7-9 pm.
Vera gave out the scavenger hunt list: Funky, Cranky, Eternal, Rapture, Befuddled, Arrogant, Baroqued, Abserd, exaggeration, chirosocuro, interlude, capricious, haut, atavistic, In becomes Out.
Presentation by Our local young Millenial photographers: We had a wonderful photographic presentation by 4 local young photographers:
Matthew Dickey-owner of Capture Grand Valley. CaptureGrandValley.com.
Bobbi Jason-Auntie B Photo
Libby Holson-Libby Holson photo
Jeremy Poland- instagram@jerchannel.
Presentation 2: We had wonderful presentation of Paris photography given by Mel Morris and Cheryl Sweers They spent a month is Paris and shared a fantastic slide show of their trip. Thanks for the show!
Sharon then gave results of PSA competition: Photos selected to go to PSA are from Robert Pratt, Jeff Stoddart, Marina Schultz, Ona Griffiths, Sharon Bradshaw, Sarah Miller. Congrats to the selected photographers.
Next competition is our Advertising/sell something themed for November. Also for the January PSA photos are due Nov 1 too. So we have 2 to submit for by Nov 1. Same email, just please indicated which contest for which photo, so we can sort them out.
Addendum to September meeting minutes: I spelled Cheryl’s last name incorrectly and corrected in the September minutes. Cheryl Sweers won 3 categories in the scavenger hunt.
TMCC September minutes 9/26
Meeting began with voting on Scavenger hunt.
Jeff Morse opened meeting.
Old business: Renee read minutes of last meeting. They were approved.
Treasurer report: Starting balance 1165. Deposits 32.50. Ending balance =1197.66.
We have 40 calendars left. Cost is 5 dollars for the first 2 then 8.95 for additional ones. They will make great gifts so get some more.
Renee announced club competition, category is advertising photography. The job is to sell something, anything. Use imagination to sell a product, brochure photo, business, place. Think about what you see in magazine, brochure, billboard. Send your submission by November 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org. See website for details on sizing.
Also submissions for this months competition are due tonight 9/26. There is a PSA which is due on Oct 1.
Jeff led a discussion about locations that club members have been out shooting. Owl pass and Kebler not so good this year. Vail pass is over except some high spots. Grand Mesa is colorful in some spots.
We have agreed on a Connected Lakes outing. Dates are for Oct 21 3-6 pm, and Oct 24 same time, before next meeting. Ed is leading. Sign up sheet went around.
Ona presented results of the Scavenger hunt:
Faceless self portrait: Dawn Morrow.
Scene from a window: Cheryl Sweers
Street Lights: Cheryl Sweers
Angelic: Mel Morris
Smoke: Cheryl Sweers
Minimal: Bob Peterson
Wood: Renee Walendowski
2 of a Kind: Angela
Signs: Angela Claussen
Handwriting: Bob Peterson
Art: Ona Griffiths
Pop of color: Sharon Bradshaw
Renee called for volunteer for the next years scavenger hunt. Vera Mulder volunteered for next years scavenger hunt. She promised it will be weird.
Jeff asked if class would like to have a class on how to do that thing with your camera that you don’t know. We will be holding his the 2nd thursday in November. Bring camera and what you need to learn.
Jeff asked members to bring some halloween/fall photos for discussion next meeting.
Meeting Minutes July 25, 2017
Dawn Morrow, President, called the meeting to order. All other board members were absent.
- Wildflowers are blooming in the mountains !! Next outing led by Renee is July 27 meeting at Lake Irwin, near Crested Butte, at 8 am. Some folks may camp and do night photography as well.
- Website is being looked at by the Board and a consultant to improve functionality.
- August outing, TBA, for night sky photography lead by Paul Gana
- National weather service can provide a class on spotting severe weather, if we have 10 attendees. A show of hands indicated at least 10 interested members.
- Scavenger hunt photos should be brought to the August meeting. details are on the website.
- Dawn discussed mentorships teaming experienced members with newer members.
- Print competition will be discussed at the August meeting. July 31 is the deadline to give your print to Ed Kunzelman.
- Space station visibilty was discussed, check the Nasa web site for details of locations and times
- Sharon Bradshaw provided summary of Photographic Society of America results/scores. Lupe was an Honorable Mention !! scores were generally good for the club.
- the next PSA submittal is due in September for the November competition.
- Paul Gana did a presentation on night sky photography utilizing you-tube videos he had created. Good information was provided.