Photos due December 8, 2017
- “Open competition” (no theme) – Submit one of your really good or favorite photographs, any subject – due via email by Sept 26
- Theme: Advertising photography – Sell something to the judges. Your photo should attempt sell something, someone, someplace to the audience. Use your imagination. Make the judges want to own the product, travel to that place, donate to that cause – due via email by Nov 1
Photographic Society of America (PSA) competitions
- November competition due Oct 1 via email
- January competition due Nov 1 via email
See competition guidelines on this website for submittal information. It is very important to submit a photo with pixel dimensions according to the guidelines. Please ask for assistance.
email entries to: contests
Meeting Minutes July 25, 2017
Dawn Morrow, President, called the meeting to order. All other board members were absent.
- Wildflowers are blooming in the mountains !! Next outing led by Renee is July 27 meeting at Lake Irwin, near Crested Butte, at 8 am. Some folks may camp and do night photography as well.
- Website is being looked at by the Board and a consultant to improve functionality.
- August outing, TBA, for night sky photography lead by Paul Gana
- National weather service can provide a class on spotting severe weather, if we have 10 attendees. A show of hands indicated at least 10 interested members.
- Scavenger hunt photos should be brought to the August meeting. details are on the website.
- Dawn discussed mentorships teaming experienced members with newer members.
- Print competition will be discussed at the August meeting. July 31 is the deadline to give your print to Ed Kunzelman.
- Space station visibilty was discussed, check the Nasa web site for details of locations and times
- Sharon Bradshaw provided summary of Photographic Society of America results/scores. Lupe was an Honorable Mention !! scores were generally good for the club.
- the next PSA submittal is due in September for the November competition.
- Paul Gana did a presentation on night sky photography utilizing you-tube videos he had created. Good information was provided.
Calendars will be available for purchase at the May 23 Club meeting. Members can buy up to 2 for $5 each and then each calendar is $8.95. Make checks out to “Thunder Mountain Camera Club”.
Category: Portrait (People)
Due Date: May 8, 2017
See competition link for rule.
what a great opportunity to challenge yourself and learn from critique !!
I’d like to receive a few more opinions about my photo. The one comment I recall was the photo did not tell a story. That was very interesting to me because I chose this photo because of the story it told (to me). I tend to have alot of landscape and misc. rock / flower photos, so this one was outside my comfort zone anyway. Although the story is clear to me, possibly the story within the photo is difficult to see. What do you think ?
I don’t think the judges had the title so I won’t give it here either.
thanks for your thoughts