August 21 midnight – club competition – Theme: people or animal….. Leader is Renee…. submit via email to email@example.com
August 28 – Scavenger Hunt – Bring your scavenger hunt photo small PRINTS to the TMCC club meeting. See website Scavenger Hunt tab for details.
ALSO, don’t forget to think about: what you can do for the club and what you want out of the club
we will discuss these at the club meeting.
have a great weekend !!
potluck starting around 4pm at Marina’s house
see website-Events for details.
This is an excellent book for photographers of all skill levels. It’s a short book with simple, easy to follow suggestions for making stronger photographs. The author, Roxanne Overton, was one of our competition judges a couple years back, and I’ve always admired not just her images, but her thoughts about photography. It’s available for $6.99 as a Kindle book through Amazon, or as an iBook at Apple iTunes.
TMCC Meeting July 24, 2018 – Minutes
Renee opened the meeting at 7 pm as the single board member present.
- Terry Hancock, Director of the Grand Mesa Observatory in Whitewater, Colorado. He discussed the new facility, non-profit status, goals, staff, equipment. It is available to the public including public viewing nights and will do tours. Community outreach and educational partnerships. The next public viewing night is August 10.
Business meeting –
- One member volunteered to complete the year as Vice President – Vera Mulder. The club members voted unanimously yes.
- Homework assignment: Ask yourself what the club can do for you and what you can do for the club. To be discussed next meeting.
- See Renee to sign up for drinks and snacks to bring to the meetings.
- The August competition theme will be “Human / Animal” due date August 21.
- Scavenger Hunt competition – 15 topics to photograph, bring 4×6 photos to the August meeting. These will be observed, discussed, voted at the September meeting.
- Outing:Friday July 27, meet Dawn at 7 pm at the Mesa County Fair. It is FREE. Bring tripod for time lapse of carnival
- TMCC picnic potluck – Sunday August 5 @ 4pm at Marina Schultz’s place. Check the website for directions. Bring your dish to share and BYOB. BBQ will be available for $5.
Photo discussion lead by Ed K. –
- Members submitted 45 photos for discussion and questions, help.
- Many folks submitted as well as participated in the discussions.
- THANK YOU ED !!
Meeting over at 9 pm
June 26, 2018
Dawn opened meeting.
Sharon presented photos chosen for PSA round 4: selected were:
Great Blue heron – Dio Musquiz
Here fishy fishy – Scott Hudechek
Painted Lady on daisy – Sharon Bradshaw
Pretty prarie falcon flying – Robert Pratt
Summer in Colorado – Amy Hudechek
When I grow up – Debbie Tubridy
That’s the last PSA competition for this year.
The picnic will be at Marina Shultz house. August 5, at 4 pm.
941 19 1/2 Road
970-773-1186 text only please
Bring lawn chairs. We will have brisket, bring 5 dollars for the meat.
Lori presented her competition results: The theme was bicycle, she had 5 judges.
1st place – Annette Collier
2nd place – Sharon Bradshaw
3rd place – Jamie Zartman
4th place – Bob Peterson
Dawn presented. The bylaw changes were handed out, and Dawn made the suggested changes after Board meeting/interested parties who attended. One of the changes is increased fees. Job descriptions have been revised. Dawn asked members to read over the changes and please email her before the next meeting. We will discuss the proposed changes and vote. We do not have money for scavenger hunt prizes. Dio suggested that we have a white elephant exchange instead. Please send your input to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vera wants to invite all of the camera club to this event, let’s make it a social:
Saturday, July 21 at 6:30 pm till 9, please come to a showing of new works, by me, at Fruita Pablo’s Pizza.
I hope I have friends, at least some, and they will make this event.
Please review the pdf document which provides redline proposed revisions to the TMCC descriptions of the Board and committee chair and other volunteer positions.
redline for jobs at the link below.
email Dawn with comments or post them on this announcement.
Please take a moment to look over the redline revisions of the club Bylaws. Key revisions include:
1. increase annual dues 2. add committees 3. formalize affiliations with PSA and non-profit status
click on these links :
email Dawn with your thoughts
OR just comment on this Post
wait…. what ?? this is one of the categories for the Scavenger Hunt competition coming up in August.
check out the TMCC website (Scavenger Hunt tab) for more categories and information on entering this unique competition. The literal definition of Atavistic is provided on the website.