Please take a moment to look over the redline revisions of the club Bylaws. Key revisions include:
1. increase annual dues 2. add committees 3. formalize affiliations with PSA and non-profit status
click on these links :
email Dawn with your thoughts
OR just comment on this Post
wait…. what ?? this is one of the categories for the Scavenger Hunt competition coming up in August.
check out the TMCC website (Scavenger Hunt tab) for more categories and information on entering this unique competition. The literal definition of Atavistic is provided on the website.
Board meeting at the Kiln, downtown on main st., June 5 from 6 – 8 pm. Come and talk about how the club is working, what changes might be made and then help out.
As most of you know, we are looking for a Vice President to take over the responsibility from Lupe for the rest of the year. We’ve heard loud and clear that this position is a bit cumbersome, so we’d like to come up with a plan for splitting up tasks into doable positions that anyone can do. We will be discussing it at an open board meeting (see below).
1.We are having a social, You’ve asked for shorter events, closer to home, and we’d love to have our social club to be a bit more social. We’ve had several new faces and would love to get to know one another. So on June 1st at 6pm at Tiara Rado Golf Course Patio area, we are having a Sunset Social Hour. We are doing an event close to home that is short & sweet so we can all get to know one another a bit better. We’ll have beverages on the patio, and then photograph sunset over the golf course. I hope everyone can attend. Bring your camera, because the sunsets from the overlook are breathtaking. Hope to see you there
2. Our board meeting will be held at Kiln Coffee on June 5th at 6pm. We are planning to meet in the back meeting room, but if more would like to attend we can move out into the dining area. If you would like to contribute but can’t commit to doing an entire board member roll, please attend so we can give out parts of the job so we will have enough folks to help out with all the tasks. Here’s a list of what we plan on working on at the meeting.
- Planning Events, Competitions, Classes and speakers for the next 3 months.
- Filling the position of Vice President
- Filling the position of Competition Chair, Banquet Organizers
- Discuss non-profit status and rent costs with the remaining budget.
- Proceeding with the calendar and other fundraising ideas.
- Review job descriptions and bylaws and make proposal for any changes necessary
- Discussion of raising dues in 2019.
- Other topics as discussed
May 22, 2018 minutes
Renee Walendowski (Secretary) called the meeting to order at 7 pm. Dawn is absent due to oral surgery. Renee is the lone Board member in attendance. Lupe is stepping down as vice president. John Barbier (Treasurer) is out of the country.
Old business –
- Treasurer report – none
- Outing to Rifle Gap falls was cancelled due to lack of interest. None are scheduled
- Next competition theme is “Bicycles”. Leader is Lori Curtis. Entries are due June 1.
New business –
- TMCC has lost its non-profit status. It will cost $600 and some paper work to regain. Renee asked how many folks would be members next year to gauge the level of interest. Cheryl Sweers has worked on the issue and has filed back paperwork for 2013-2017. Club may not have enough money to fund non- profit , room rental and the same awards and food provided in the past, etc. without assistance. Discussion ensued about the value of non-profit status, what do other similar clubs do, is it simpler to file annual tax return and pay taxes ? Jeff Morse will research the options.
- With budget restrictions there is not adequate funds to make the initial payment for the Club calendar fund raiser, which made about $80 last year. Club seems to support no calendar this year. Board will decide if calendar fundraiser will move forward or not.
- Lupe has moved out of town so the club needs a new VP, which comes with a lot of things to do including outings and helping the President plan for meetings. Discussion included the need for more involvement from club members to plan/oversee Club meeting speakers, classes and outings. Dawn cannot do it alone. Discussion included how to communicate events. Not every member is on Facebook. The website is not consistent about emailing notices. Emails may be the way to move forward. Outings need to be somewhat flexible as plans change due to weather, car issues, etc. Website updates may not be good to announce outing changes. Discussion about the outings being both spur of the moment, just a few hours and local in addition to all day, more distant outings, which could be less frequent. Lori Curtis volunteered to oversee emailing events to members. Rifle Gap Falls planned outing had too little warning and was during the week, which limits participants. No-one RSVP’d so it was cancelled. Having 2 Facebook pages is confusing to some and discussion ensued about why we need 2 pages. Safety in privacy for outings is one reason. Members indicated this is a social club. The restrictions of the bylaws may be problematic.
- Possibly the board will have a meeting soon and people interested in helping could attend or let board members know they are interested in helping. The Board could assign interim chair persons or multiple VPs to get through this year. Lori could oversee emails
- Jeff Morse discussed photo stacking
- Jamie Zartman discussed i phone use and processing which made photos look like art
- I phone competition photos were presented very quickly with no discussion as the meeting ran out of time. The results of the I phone competition: John Barbier and Cheryl Sweers tie for 2nd place, 1st place to Sharon Bradshaw with 24 pts. We will go over these next meeting for discussion.
Minutes from April 24th TMCC meeting
Dawn opened meeting. New business is calendar for next year. Send images to firstname.lastname@example.org. 5.5 x 8.5 landscape format. Photos due 5/15, submit no more than 2. 300 dpi. (now cancelled due to funds)May competition: cell phone photo. Also edit with cell phone. Due second week of may.June competition Lori will be leading. Theme is bicycles and due June 1. May 8th camera setting class 7-9.
Lightroom class June 14th
Outing May 11th Walgreen parking lot in clifton going to Rifle falls.
June Outing: Wild horses either sand wash basin or Bookcliffs, to be determined.
June extra outing Take Part in Art June 16th at Lincoln park barn.
Treasurer report: Balance is 1359.28 and collected 211 last month.
Presenter: Jeff Morse
Jeff gave demonstrations on how to resize photos properly. Do: Image and resize. How to make in proper dimensions for our competition.
Renee gave presentation on making photo books. Other members brought in books and products created and discussed the process. Discussion on making products.
PSA results from March: Robert scored a 6, Marina scored 7, Amy H scored 8, John Dunn score 9, Annette score 9 and Renee 12 also honorable mention.
Deadline: June 1 (midnight)
See http://thundermountaincameraclub.org/competitions-and-guidelines/ for more information
Scan Please read and lets have someone from our club win!!!! Posted by Renee
Ouray County Arts Association welcomes you!
Due by midnight June 1 – Club June competition. Theme: Bicycles – Submit 1 digital photo – jpg format – sizing: max 1024 pixels length. 768 pixels height. email photo to: email@example.com for more information see theTMCC website; Competitions tab, click: competitions and guidelines.